my tips & what i’ve learned
- eat every 2.5-3 hours. if you’re not hungry, at least drink a glass of water.
- speaking of water… buy a good water bottle and carry it with you wherever you go! refill it constantly. who cares if you pee a lot — your skin and fat cells will thank you!
- drain canned chicken and spray it with water. it’ll get rid of a good amount of sodium. you can always add a little more salt if you need it.
- season eggs and chicken with chili powder or cayenne pepper. spicy foods boost metabolism!
- try your eggs or a sandwich without cheese… just try it. you’ll be surprised to find that you really don’t miss it THAT much.
- use salsa to top everything… chicken, eggs, even salad. chunky or smooth — doesn’t matter! it’s much healthier than ranch, cheese sauces, or other sugary, fatty dressings.
- if you’re craving food, have a glass of water or pop in a stick of gum.
- EAT BREAKFAST. please please please do not skip it. your body wants you to eat, otherwise it’ll think you’re starving and will start storing your fat for emergencies. after 8 hours of sleep and no food, your body NEEDS to be reminded that you, in fact, are not dying and it can let go of any fat it’s holding onto.
- avoid buying “reduced fat” or “low fat” foods like crackers, peanut butters, cookies, or snacks. these foods are typically more harmful because they have more sugar to replace the tiny amount of fat they’re missing.